Friday, July 24, 2009

12 Weeks

Hi Everyone! It's Jessica. Remember me? I know its been a while, but I haven't had a ton of energy to be blogging lately. As you all know from Mark's last post, we're expecting. We're super excited and can't wait for the new edition to our home. However, I've been super tired for the last couple of months. For over 2 months now I've been coming home and napping almost everyday, and I'm still tired and ready to go to bed at night. I guess growing a baby takes a lot of work! Aside from fatigue I've been doing really well. The only other thing going on is some forgetfullness, nauseousness, and some crankiness at times. It's been a pretty good pregnancy so far.

The plan was to update with some pictures of my belly that I'm starting to get, however, my camera clunked out on me this morning. So, unfortunately there will be no pictures until I get my new and improved camera hopefully this Thursday at the latest. I'm super excited because I haven't had a new camera in over 6 years! Plus it has all kinds of fun buttons on it to figure out. I can hardly wait. And Besides, we'll be needing a new camera so we can capture all the fun times we will be having when the baby gets here. Only about 6 months to go!

So while I was browsing online, I found some Old Wive's Tales that show you how to predict whether it's a girl or a boy, what do you think???

Here's a test that you can do next time you change or get out of the bath. Look in the mirror at your breasts. If the right one is larger, you're having a boy! A larger left breast indicates a girl (if they're the same size, does that mean you're having one of each?).

Hold a pendant over your hand. If the necklace swings back and forth, you're having a boy. If it is more of a circular motion, then it's a girl. This can also be done by suspending a ring on a string above your belly.

Do you have acne? Some believe that getting acne during your pregnancy indicates you're carrying a girl. Maybe the acne is caused by twice the amount of female hormones?

Pick up a key. If you've picked it up by the thinner end, you're having a girl. Picking it up by the bottom, rounder part means a boy is on the way. Did you pick it up by the middle? Then congratulations! You're having twins!

· Ask yourself what you think you're having. In a study that asked women with no previous knowledge about their baby's sex, the moms-to-be correctly guessed the sex of their baby 71% of the time.

I guess they might be a little far-fetched, but fun to read none-the-less. Either way...boy or girl doesn't matter a whole lot. We're just really happy and ready to take this next journey in our lives. We're just praying for a happy, healthy little baby!

Until next time.

Always, Jessica (and baby!)

No comments: