Mark and I found out this last week that we're having a boy! We are so excited and can hardly wait to meet him. Unfortunately I've been too stressed out lately to thoroughly enjoy the news of having a little boy. You wonder what could be so stressful? Well, how about trying to pick out a name!
Mark and I came up with two names that we really liked. We were telling some people the names, and it seems that some people just don't tell you the name is cute and just move on...NO, they want to have their input too! Well people, I don't mean to be rude at all (because this has mostly been family), but really the decision is up to Mark and I. This baby was created by God, for Mark and I, and we are going to enjoy him. I'm just kind of tired of people offering opinions on something that should be my decision and Mark's!
First of all, the baby will not be "Little Mark." If thats a nickname, so be it, but we didnt plan on having a Mark Michael Jr. This was not just my decision, but Mark's as well. So far, everyone who has asked me this didn't name their son's a Jr. So why do we have to???
Second of all, please don't question the thought of possibly naming our child after our fathers. This is something that is personal for Mark and I, and once again...our decision. It's not a concrete name yet, but we've put a lot of thought into it, and I don't appreciate being asked if I'm concerned about my baby being called "Little Jeff/Mike." All it does is make me question great names that we've thought way too much about.
Lastly, like I said, this has been a process for us. Mark and I have been putting a lot of thought into a name because its important to us, and he will have that name for the rest of his life. If you don't like the name that's fine, but as a horomonal pregnant woman, your putting your life at risk by offering an opinion when its not asked for!
So, if everyone could please make a concious decision to not say anything about the name we choose that would be great. And actually, at this point the 2 names we picked are being put on a back-burner at this time, and no one will know names we pick out from this point forward. Thanks for reading!
The Hiegels
No comments:
Post a Comment