A few weeks ago I went down to grandma Mundy's house and she taught me how to can tomatoes. Well, this weekend she brought me a huge box of tomatoes to can. I didn't have any more excuses not to use my new-found ability. So yesterday I went to work to prepare for canning, and today was the big day. I was so nervous. I had to call my mom for moral support because grandma was working. But, I did it! It was a lot of work, but I canned 5 quarts of tomatoes, and all 5 quarts sealed! If you know anything about canning, that is the most important part. If it seals you did it correctly. I was so EXCITED! I even managed to do all this while Colton was napping. What a good little baby he was :) I have now dubbed myself the Master Canner. haha
![]() |
| My second set of lids, didn't realize I only had wide mouth jars! |
In other news, Colton got beat up by a little girl already. It was a sneak attack at the chiropractor yesterday. She was hugging him and kissing his toes, then all of a sudden she made a grab for it! She got him right on his eye. Poor little guy started screaming bloody murder. I comforted him and he's OK. Just a couple scratches.
![]() |
| Look at that cutie! |
~The Hiegels







No comments:
Post a Comment