On Sunday mornings Mark and I go to a small group at our church and then we go to the late service. This means that Colton is in the nursery for a couple of hours. He does such a great job. He plays, gets snack time, and is just an overall joy for all of the volunteers. I know this because one of my best friends volunteers there. So this morning after church I was a little concerned when we went to pick him up and he was being held, and looked like he was a little down.
Usually when Colton seems me, it doesn't matter where he is, he usually makes a bee-line toward me and starts crying because he can't get to me soon enough. So when he barely acknowledged I was there I was concerned. Well I soon found out what was wrong. I walked up and the volunteer says, "He was bitten." What!?! Bitten!?!
I was a little shocked. It was our first incident report I've had to fill out. Poor Colton. A little girl bit him right on the top of the head! Thankfully it didn't draw blood, however, it was red and puffy. The poor little guy. If you all remember, it was only this summer that another little girl tried to gouge his eye out. I don't know what it is, but my poor lil guy is being targeted by those mean little girls. This is why we had the conversation with him...Colton, girls are mean. You stay away from them until you're at least 30 and ready to get married! We'll see how that one goes.
In other news, we're so excited to be celerating Colton's first year of life this coming up weekend. I'll be planning for the party this week. We can't wait!
Until next time.
~The Hiegels
No comments:
Post a Comment