Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Did you know...

That Veteran's Day was originally called Armistice Day? On November 11, 1918 the US declared this day to be an official holiday to mark the end of WWI. After the US went through WWII and the Korean War, they officially changed the name on June 1, 1954, to Veterans Day. Now November 11th honors veterans of all wars, not just WWI. I hope we all took time out of our day today to thank someone in our military or former military for the freedom that they have given us. If it were not for these brave men and women we would not have many of the privelages that we have today. So, thank you veterans, as well as active duty soldiers, for everything you do each and everyday.

Mark and I would like to send out a special thank you to: Grandpa Brueshaber, Grandpa Allessio, Grandpa Hiegel, Great-Grandpa Mikola (deceased), Uncle David Druckenmiller (active duty), and my good friend David Blossom (active duty) for serving/have served in our military. If I forgot someone, I apologize. We cannot say thank you enough for all you men do/have done for us. You are all greatly appreciated and much loved!
That is all for tonight. Good night and God Bless.
"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12
Always, Jessica

No comments: