Mark and I had some free time over break, so we built a "slow-feeder" for the horses. Now this was no easy task because we could not find a metal grate for the top of it ANYWHERE! Thankfully Tj came through for us and we got our grate, which works perfectly for our little pigs/horses. Here is the end product. We are rather proud of ourselves, and it works wonderfully. 

Maggie looks like she's about to take a bite out of my hat, I just think she's upset that we devised a way to slow down her eating habits. Either that or she thinks I'm going to eat her food. Silly horse. Finally, last but not least here are some pictures of Harley meeting Maggie. He was so curious about them, but they ignored him for the most part. He was definitely more confused by meeting the goats. I think he thought they were just weird smelling dogs! 
Speaking of goats, that last picture is of my least favorite animal on the farm. His name is Jasper, and he's the brown goat on the right side. He was a pain in my butt. Literally! Everytime I opened their pen to feed him all he did was head-butt me or try to jump on me. We had a few choice words, and by the end of the week we had our routine figured out. Plus, I found out that if I brought Harley out with me he would stear clear of him and that made feeding them a much easier task. All in all it was great week. I'm a farm girl at heart, and I know now that I could do chores till I'm old and grey and probably not tire of it. Minus the goats of course.
Until next time. I hope the New Year is a happy and healthy one for everyone.
Always, Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment