Today while at school I was at lunch with the kids when Mark walked in. I knew he was in the building because he had an appointment with a teacher down the hall. As soon as he walked into the lunch room with his business partner, a girl in our class (who loves to make a play on words any chance she can get) said "Hey, its the Men in Black." It was so funny because both of them were wearing their black leather coats and apparantly that is who they looked like. I told Mark what she said and he said that they had actually met her in the hallway and while she was passing by she asked them "who are you?" When neither of them answered, she said "your the men in black!" They all proceeded on their way and got a good laugh out of her comment.This is also the same girl who loves kirby vacuums and the color green! She usually has something new to obsess over each week. For example, this week she is all about the country Italy. They're the greatest country because the color of their flag is green, white and red. And of course, because they have pizza there (she eats pizza every single day of the week). And their capital is Rome. Also, this week her favorite time period was the 1940's and when you ask her why it is because that is when WWII was. Not sure why, that's just what she said. Oh, and one more thing she likes this week is the book she is reading about Epidemic's. Today she asked me, "Mrs Hiegel, if I were terrible epidemic, which one would I be?" I responded "Influenza?" "YES!" She said as her face lit up! I guess she liked that answer.
Oh to have a day in the life of one of our students! There is never a dull moment. You can go from being frustrated one second to laughing hysterically the next. It doesn't get much better than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment