Friday, December 26, 2008

I Love My Job

I have to say, I do love my job! Especially when it entails getting 2 whole weeks off in a row! It doesn't get much better than that. I'm super excited because now I have an opportunity to house sit at the place I board Maggie at, and its nice to be able to look out the window and see horses in the background. This is the true test though, if I love it then I'm meant to be a country girl, if not then I might as well just forget about my dream of having horses in my own backyard someday. So far on day 1 I still love it. Of course, if we had our own place in the country I would make a couple tweaks, like having a hot water spicket at the barn so I wouldnt have to haul water everyday, but those are minor adjustments. Don't get me wrong, I love our house, I'm just planning in the future some time. No hurry as of right now.

Besides, Mark and I want to start finishing our basement. We're both really excited and are planning out how we want it to look right now. It will be a learning experience nonetheless as neither of us have finished a basement on our own before. I'm sure it will be fun though. As we have learned from previous mistakes though, we will not try to finish the entire thing in a matter of 1 weekend. We had to learn that the hard way from our painting experience! However, if any of you out there are reading this and want to give us a hand with manual labor feel free to come on over, you know where we live!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I know Mark and I did. We had a good time seeing friends and family. Of course, our families went overboard again as usual, but we still love them! Thank you to everyone again for all you do for us. I hope you all have a great day, and good luck working off any extra lbs that were put on during this holiday season. I know I'm in good shape, I'll be carrying water out to the barn about 3 times a day for the next week and a half! Pretty soon I'll have pipes like Mark ;) Have a good one, until next time.

Always, Jessica

No comments: