Wednesday, March 3, 2010

For Grandpa :)

Well this new year has certainly started out with a Bang! We ended the year on a good note and had a great time with grandma and grandpa in Texas, and from there its been a whirlwind! Mark was in the hospital and paralyzed for a couple weeks. The baby finally arrived 9 days late and after 31 hours of labor. Then, Mark's grandma passed away. So needless to say its been one heck of a new year!

Of course the highlight has been our little Colton! We just love this little guy so much. Yes, he's a baby so all he does right now is eat, sleep, pee, poop, scream his head off and repeat. However, in between some of those times he smiles every once in a while, makes cute little noises and looks at us with those big blue eyes! He is truly a blessing and we love him to pieces.

I have to say some of my favorite times up to this point have been the times Mark has spent with Colton. I love seeing my husband be a daddy. It is just precious seeing him hold Colton and loving on him. But some of the best times have been the times Mark has spent changing his diaper. I never knew someone could get pee'd on and pooped on so much in a matter of 3 weeks! I know its usually not a good thing when I hear some choice wording and yelling coming from the nursery. I've come to find out that it usually means some kind of bodily secretion has landed on Mark. I don't even ask really anymore. I just assume it means Mark got pooped on!

Here are some pictures of the little guy!


He certainly looks innocent. I think Mark might be making up all the pooping stories! He doesnt poop on his mommy :)

With Love,

The Hiegels

No comments: