Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bittersweet

It's been a while since my last post. We've had a busy couple of weeks, so I apologize for the lack of postings. I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for Mark's grandpa Allessio. He passed away this last Saturday on December 6, 2008. It was a sad day, but he was surrounded by family who loved him dearly up until his last breath. He went calmly and peacefully, and thankfully he is not in anymore pain. Carmen lived a long and wonderful life. He will be loved and missed by many, but we believe he is in Heaven now with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Although its hard to imagine life without someone who has always been there, we have to have faith that they are in a better place. Mark and I were discussing Heaven on our way home, and we think that it will be beyond your wildest imagination. With all of the pain and suffereing here on Earth its hard to imagine something as perfect as Heaven, but it is real. There will be no pain, no suffering, no more tears, and we will be able to live in Peace eternally. It doesnt get any better than that! In 2 Timothy 2:11 it says that "If we died with Him, we will also live with Him."

To the Allessio family, it was a tough day. It won't get better over night, but eventually it won't hurt as bad as it does right now. Just remember...Carmen loved all of you so much. He is looking down on you right now wanting you to go on with life smiling as he so frequently did. He was a wonderful man, always putting others before himself. Although he's not here physically, he will always be here in Spirit. Just ask Chris, he's already channeled her a couple of times ;)

I'm Blessed to be a part of such a loving family. I'm praying for everyone at this time because I know how tough it is right now. Just know I love all of you and I'm here if you need anything. Chris, just remember, its ok to cry. You dont have to be strong right now. I'm not as strong as you think I am, but I am here for you. Jamie, I admire you for being there for your family and helping answer all of their questions during this time. You are so smart and talented, I hope you know you can always call me if you ever need to talk. And Mark, I'm so proud of you. I know it took a lot for you to pray in front of your whole family while you were with your grandpa, but you did it. You have grown so much in your Faith, and I know you will keep getting stronger. I don't always show it, but you are truly my rock and my better half. I know I can always count on you no matter what.

Until next time.

Always, Jessica

Psalm 34:18 "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

No comments: