Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 5

Mark has been home for 5 days now! Praise God! He's so happy to be home and he's had 2 sessions of PT. That is going very well for him, but they are really pushing him. Its been very tiring. Today he has been feeling a little discouraged. He's not recovering as quickly as what he had hoped. Although we see progress daily, he's still feeling a little down. I can imagine this is very difficult for him. The other day he had to do squats at therapy and it was a struggle, last month he was squatting over 200 lbs at the gym. If I were him I too would be discouraged. However, a little progress each day is better than nothing.

Tonight I'm asking for prayers for Mark as he's battling himself right now. In his head he's already so much better, but his body is not there yet. I'm asking that you please pray for patience for him. I know he will recover, but he needs to do it in a time that is safe for him and his body. This is probably going to be the most difficult time for him mentally, because he wants to be back to his normal self. While none of the Doc's can guarantee that he will ever recover 100% we have faith that our God can do anything! So we will keep praying. We're praying for a full recovery, in whatever time it takes. I personally think he will be back out there roller blading with Harley as soon as spring rolls around :)

Thank you for the continued prayers. We really appreciated everything.

In Christ's Love,

The Hiegels

No comments: