Well, it looks like we finally have a diagnosis. Today during the MRI, they found a lesion at the T3 part of his spine, and they are saying he has Transverse Myelitis. They are still not sure if this was a virus that caused this or if it is an auto immune disease, so they are still running several tests to try to pinpoint that. We were both relieved to finally hear some news, but I fear I may have celebrated a little too soon. I started reading up on this, and it looks kind of scary. They are saying that 1/3 of people recover fully, 1/3 recover partially, and the other 1/3 do not show improvement. The good news is that the Dr's started him on steroids tonight, and our Doc seems very hopeful. He even said Mark might come home Sunday. However, we are still not sure about the long term affects of this condition at this time. We may not know until down the road. We're thankful that they have finally found something, but we still may not be fully out of the woods yet. I am praying and hoping that Mark is young and strong enough to bounce back, but of course there is part of me that is worrying this could take longer than expected. Either way, I am here for him no matter what the outcome is. We still need prayer at this time. I have faith that God can make a full recovery for Mark.
Specifically, here are some things to pray for:
-That God will fully restore the use of Mark's legs and bladder
-That the steroids will begin to act quickly so we can see what kind of prognosis he will have
-That the Dr's will continue to work on our case and try to find out what caused this, and if there are other treatments he needs to have
-That we will continue to stay positive and praise God through all of this
-That Mark will keep his positive attitude, it is so nice to see him smile and laugh again Mark and I are so thankful to have all of you, our family and friends here for us.
We ask for continued prayers for us because it looks like we will need them. Thank you everyone for all you have done and offered to do during this time. I will keep sending updates as I get them. Below I will post a link that tells a little more about what we're potentially dealing with. Please read through it, and it should help with more specific prayer requests. Tonight we're just thanking and praising God for giving us a little light at the end of the tunnel. I will be in touch.
In Christ's Love,
Jessica
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/transverse-myelitis/DS00854
2 comments:
Wow, my prayers are with you!
You don't know me personally, but please consider me as you would if we'd known each other for years...that is the effort and intention that I am setting behind my prayers and best wishes for Mark. He will be alright - keep smiling and finding joy in each day!
Post a Comment