Monday, September 22, 2008

Little of this Little of that!

Enjoy some pictures from Mark's birthday party on Saturday. We had a lot of fun! Its always nice to hang out with family and friends to enjoy a cookout on a beautiful day! Thank you to everyone who made it :)



Well, I have to say that this weekend was definitely better than last weekend. We didnt have to paint! YAY! On Friday night we were able to hang out at the church and help with a program that is called Chaos. And when I say Chaos, I mean Chaos. It was crazy in there! Picture a couple hundred Jr High kids running around like maniacs playing basketball, pool, air hockey, video games, and doing karaoke! I have to say I was a little intimidated. I just tried to stay out of their way so they wouldnt run me over! Mark on the other hand, he was great! He loved every minute of hanging out with them. He was playing basketball mostly and not letting the kids shoot because "They were down by 3!" and he was gonna let them shoot once he scored some more points! haha Just a big kid at heart I suppose.

Saturday was good, that was our cookout and family/friends day. Then on Sunday we had another busy day of roller blading, 2 games of softball and I of course had homework. It was a great weekend and we are so thankful for everything and everyone that God has blessed us with!

Its funny, tonight Mark and I were talking at dinner about how I've been struggling to accept someone who is a friend of mine, and how to love them where they're at. Then tonight I run accross this verse...

“Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.”- Romans 15:7

If that verse just doesn't come right out and hit me upside the head I dont know what will. It just amazes me how much God speaks to us through His word when we might not even be looking. He always has a way of reminding me that some issues are beyond me and that I shouldnt try to do His job. All we can do as followers of Christ is go to Him in prayer and lay it at His feet. He will do the rest.

That is all for tonight, good night and God Bless.

Always, Jessica

1 comment:

Dave and Jill said...

Good pictures!!! Looked like fun...wish we would have had the wedding a different weekend.

What a great verse - right when you needed it!