Monday, September 8, 2008

We won't even need clothes!

Tonight was the first night that Jill and I started helping at the church with Impact. Impact is a way for students to connect with others and to help them strengthen their relationship with God, as well as helping them become leaders while living a life devoted to Christ. Its an amazing ministry and I'm very thankful to be a part of it. Myself and Jill are actually leading the drama team. Now I know that most of you who know me are asking "what is she doing leading drama team?" Because I know that I'm definitely NOT dramatic at all! Right!?!? Ok, so maybe a little bit. But its ok because now I can put all the skills I have learned over the years to use...by helping with plays and skits!

So I'm sure that by now all of you are wondering why we dont need clothes. Well, I'll tell you why! One of the girls in our group was looking through the skits tonight and she was like, "We can do a skit with Adam and Eve, and it would be so easy...we won't even need any props." We were like, really? She's like "ya, they dont wear any clothes!!!" Whoa! Back up a second, this is a church drama. These skits will be performed on Sunday morning. I guess if nothing else it would wake up all those old people who though they could just sit in the back, turn off their hearing aids, and take a little snooze! haha If nothing else at least this girl has a GREAT imagination. It certainly was the highlight of my night.

Not to worry any of you, Jill and I quickly told her that would probably NOT be a good idea, but we could definitely think of something else to do. Preferably with clothes!

Well, I would love to stay and post some more but if any of you know my schedule then you know that Prisonbreak started at 9:00 and that means I have a date with Wentworth Miller :) Dont worry Mark already knows! Besides he's on his way home right now from Lansing in the pouring down rain. Poor guy has been working his guts out. I'm very proud of him though, he's doing a great job and I love him for it!

Always, Jessica

1 comment:

Dave and Jill said...

That is certainly how it happened...and there were several other interesting comments to go along with the night. I'm sure we'll have plenty to blog about over the next few months.