but I'm as good once as I ever was. Well, tonight Jill called and asked if Mark and I would like to fill in for softball. The game is at 8:45, yes thats right 8:45 it jus seems so late! Mark was in right away of course, but not me...I am tired tonight. After Impact on Monday night and work all day long and school last night until 10:00, I'll admit that I'm pretty exhausted. However, since we're friends and they would have to forfit the game if I didnt play that means I'm in too. I guess thats what friends do for eachother :) They owe me though, just kidding!
Its kind of funny though. Mark and I were talking about how things used to be when we were in college at CMU, which was not that long ago. But anways I remember when we used to play co-ed softball, volleyball, basketball, and broomball (for those that dont know what this is, its basically ice hockey only wearing tennis shoes and hitting the ball with a broom-type stick. Hence the name broomball). So anyhow, none of these sports used to be played early in the day by any mean. I remember times when we wouldnt get done until the SAC used to close at around midnight! Midnight!?! That sounds sooo late to me now. Life used to be just beginning at that time, but now that we're an old married couple anything after 7:30 is getting pretty late. Funny how that works.
I remember actually just this summer when Tj wanted us to go see a movie on a Thursday night, and I was like "you want to see a movie on a Thursday?" He's like, "what? you arent allowed to go see a movie on Thursday nights?" I had to laugh, but it used to against the rules to do anything on weeknights, but I guess now that I'm a married adult it would be ok, right mom? :)
So, I guess the point to this post is that I'm getting old. Or at least I feel like it at times.
Oh and FYI, last night school was pretty good. I was a little nervous but I think that everything is going to go really well, and I'm super excited for when I get to finally be done. Only 60 more weeks to go! WooHoo.
Well, since I have to go get ready for softball this will be all for tonight. Until next time...
Always, Jessica
1 comment:
Thanks SO much for playing with us that night!! We really needed you, and you came through!! Even almost sacrificing your face at home plate!
Post a Comment